Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Clothing Battle Solved!

In a perfect house there would be no battle picking because we would all just get along and see things from one another's point of view.
Wouldn't that be cozy?
Life, especially with a SPIRITED or STRONG WILLED child has more ups and downs than a roller coaster.
But without those challenges life would be pretty dull I admit.
So I love it when there are certain battles I find loopholes for and then that battle theoretically never has to happen again!

One of those battles now loophole is CLOTHES!
I was so tired of fighting with 3 girls about what they could and could not wear to school, outside to play, the store, etc.
"I am sorry but tutus are not allowed out of the house""
"No, shorts cannot be worn in the snow"

I decided to designate drawers.
It also helps my husband and others that have to dress or help dress the kids when I am not around!

Top drawer is always shirts of the school or going out in public type!
2nd drawer is always shirts of the play clothes type!
3rd drawer is my outfits/sweatpants/anything that needs a home that is home clothes!
4th drawer is always jeans/school pants!
5th drawer is always pajamas!

The kids now dress themselves. They can pick out their own clothes and I know that if it is a school day they can choose out of the school drawer and there will be no fight!
One rule = no dresses to school.
I admit I was a dress wearer and have fond and embarrassing memories of lifting up my dress more times than I could count :D
 My girls will not be following in my footsteps.

No comments:

Post a Comment